The Talk: Fabio Viviani
Chef Fabio Viviani is the author of the new cookbook Fabio’s American Home Kitchen. He visited The Talk to share some light and healthy meals to break up your holiday season. Get inspired with his Roasted Vegetable Panini. Plus, try Fava Bean Hummus and Berry Pound Cake.
“Right after the big meal, I feel we should go a tad lighter,” Viviani said. “We still want flavor and good dishes.” He suggested incorporating more vegetables and produce.
The Talk: Fabio Viviani Roasted Vegetable Panini Recipe Ingredients
Vegetables can be delicious as the star of a sandwich or panini. Just roast them in the oven to give them a crisp bite.
- 1 stemmed, cored, seeded, halved Bell Pepper
- 1 peeled, sliced Eggplant
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 chopped Shallot
- 1 Demi Baguette
- 4 tsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 slices Fontina Cheese
- 1 sliced Zucchini
- 2 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped Scallions
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Fabio Viviani: The Talk Roasted Vegetable Panini Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Toss bell peppers with eggplant and zucchini in a large bowl.
- Separately, combine garlic powder, olive oil, shallot, garlic, and parsley to make a dressing.
- Drizzle this over the vegetables and toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange dressed vegetables on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast about 16-18 minutes; eggplant should brown and pepper will soften.
- Halve the baguette and then slice each half lengthwise to form two top and bottom pieces for sandwiches.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp mustard on each bottom half. Layer with parmesan and scallions.
- Add layers of roasted eggplant, zucchini, and peppers.
- Top with two slices of Fontina per sandwich and add the sandwich bread tops.
- Bake another five minutes and serve hot, with chips on the side.