The Talk: Duff Goldman
The Talk continued cooking up tasty treats in honor of NFL Network’s Thursday Night Football. Chef Duff Goldman, a judge for Food Network’s Holiday Baking Championship, served up a tempting menu with Bacon-Wrapped Cheeseburger Taquitos and PB&J Banana Brownies.
The Talk: Duff Goldman Bacon-Wrapped Cheeseburger Taquitos Recipe Ingredients
“There’s so much flavor going on in here that you’re not going to miss the flavor of beef if you’re using turkey,” Duff Goldman said of his Bacon-Wrapped Cheeseburger Taquitos. This seems like a simple and portable snack recipe. Even Sharon Osbourne thought it was easy!
The tricks to the bacon are pulling it tight and wrapping it over the toothpick. Then you can pull the toothpick out before frying up the finished product. Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler seemed to enjoy the taste of these.
- 1 lb Ground Beef (or use Turkey)
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1 fine diced White Onion
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- String Cheese
- uncooked Bacon
- thin speared Dill Pickles
- 1 pack Corn Tortillas
- Salt & Pepper
Duff Goldman: The Talk Bacon-Wrapped Cheeseburger Taquitos Recipe Directions
- Combine spices and onions with ground meat and brown it in a pan. Drain excess oils.
- Take meat off the heat and mix in ketchup.
- Add a spoonful of meat to each tortilla. Layer that with pickle and a portion of pulled string cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas and secure them using toothpicks.
- Then wrap each taquito in a slice of bacon. Pull it taut and wrap it over the toothpick. Then you can remove the toothpick without unraveling the whole thing.
- Pan fry in a shallow dish. Make sure the ends of the bacon are facing down so that the taquito keeps its shape.
- Flip and cook on the other side until done. Serve immediately.