The Talk: Chef Susan Feniger
Susan Feniger visited The Talk to share some delicious ideas for Lime and Honey Baked Yams, plus Candied Pumpkin Ice Cream Sundaes for dessert. For more, get her Cranberry Salsa and Grilled Turkey with Cracked Pepper Sauce.
The Talk: Susan Feniger Lime and Honey Baked Yams Recipe Ingredients
- 3 Yams
- 6 tbsp Honey
- Juice of 4 Limes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 4 tbsp room temperature Unsalted Butter
- Crema (or use Sour Cream)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Susan Feniger: The Talk Lime and Honey Baked Yams Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Wash yams and put them in a bowl. Bake about 90 minutes, until soft, with puffy skins.
- Set the yams aside to cool, but don’t turn the oven off.
- Peel yams and transfer them to a baking dish. Mash with a potato masher (or use a fork).
- Combine honey with lime juice, butter, salt and pepper in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Stir this sauce mixture into the mashed yams.
- Cover with foil and bake another 15-20 minutes, to heat through.
- Serve hot with crema to garnish.
The Talk: Susan Feniger Candied Pumpkin Ice Cream Sundaes Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Mexican Cinnamon Stick
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 lb peeled, cubed Pumpkin (or use Acorn Squash)
- 1 1/2 pints Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream (optional)
Susan Feniger: The Talk Candied Pumpkin Ice Cream Sundaes Recipe Directions
- In a saucepan, mix brown sugar with water and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by 1/4, about 15 minutes. This should form a syrup.
- Add pumpkin and turn heat to low, simmering about 45 minutes, until translucent.
- If you want to make this ahead, remove the pumpkin after this and store it separately from the syrup. For serving, reheat pumpkin in syrup.
- Stir in heavy cream right before serving this pumpkin over a dish of ice cream.