The Talk Food Festival: Sergio Perera
Chef Sergio Perera visited The Talk with a delicious dinner of Roast Beef Tenderloin in Fig Sauce. Plus, he made a fall cocktail and a Citrus Hazelnut Asparagus side dish. Try these enticing recipes for yourself!
The Talk: Sergio Perera Ginger Spice Cocktail Recipe Ingredients
This cocktail features a medley of fall flavors. Try Sergio’s Ginger Spice drink for yourself.
- 1 1/2 oz Apple Brandy
- 1/2 oz Cointreau (or use Orange Liqueur)
- 1 Egg White
- 3/4 oz Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- grated Nutmeg
- Star Anise
Ginger Syrup Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp chopped, peeled Ginger
- 1/2 cup Water
Sergio Perera: The Talk Ginger Spice Cocktail Recipe Directions
- For the syrup, heat all ingredients to dissolve the sugar.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir while sugar melts, to help evenly distribute the ginger.
- Let infuse for at least 30 minutes before using.
- For the cocktail, combine ingredients, including ginger syrup (to taste), in a shaker.
- Strain over ice in a rocks glass.
- Garnish with nutmeg and star anise.
The Talk: Sergio Perera Pan-Seared Citrus Hazelnut Asparagus Recipe
- 2 bunches Asparagus
- 3 tbsp fresh Tarragon
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 segmented, seeded Grapefruit
- 1/2 cup roasted, halved Hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Peel asparagus stalks from the bottom to remove excess fiber; trim the bottoms.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water and boil a large pot of water.
- Add salt to boiling water and blanch the asparagus for about 30 seconds.
- Remove asparagus and cold shock it in the ice back. Then dry with a towel.
- Heat a saute pan on medium and place asparagus in the pan, which should be dry.
- Toast asparagus about a minute before adding butter. Toss asparagus so butter coats evenly.
- As it starts to caramelize, add tarragon and grapefruit, stirring to mix up the flavors.
- Transfer to a plate. Add remaining hazelnuts with olive oil and fresh lemon juice to serve.