The Talk: Jeff Mauro
The Talk Skillet S’mores Recipe: Jeff Mauro S’Mauros Recipe
“What’s the hardest part about making S’mores? It’s building the campfire,” Mauro said, especially in the colder months. That’s where the cast iron skillet comes in to save the day.
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 12-oz bag Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts
- 3 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
- Preheat the broiler on high heat.
- Heat a skillet on medium and melt butter.
- Toast nuts in the hot butter until aromatic.
- Take off heat and add chocolate chips.
- Spread marshmallows over the chocolate.
- Transfer to a broiler to brown on top.
- Serve from the skillet, using graham cracker pieces as dippers.
The Talk: Jeff Mauro Nacho Abuelitos Grilled Cheese Recipe Ingredients
“This is a nacho platter in a grilled cheese,” Jeff Mauro said as he explained the delicious contents of this delicious sandwich.
- 15 oz ground Mexican Chorizo
- 8 oz shredded Chihuahua Cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled Jalapenos
- 4 tbsp softened Salted Butter
- 8 slices White Bread
- 1/2 cup sliced Black Olives
- Tortilla Chips
Honey Chipotle Crema Ingredients
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Juice and zest of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Honey (or use Agave)
- 1 minced Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
Jeff Mauro: The Talk Nacho Abuelitos Grilled Cheese Recipe Directions
- Combine ingredients for the Honey Chipotle Crema and save them for later.
- Brown chorizo on medium heat for about 15 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Stack cheese, olives, jalapenos, tortilla chips, and a second layer of cheese between two bread slices.
- Butter the outsides of each bread slice and griddle on low to medium low for about six minutes, covering the sandwich with a metal bowl to melt the cheese.
- Cut in quarters and serve with Honey Chipotle Crema for dipping.