The Talk Food Festival: Chef Kelly Liken
“This is one of my absolute favorite summertime family meals in the backyard,” she said.
The Talk: Kelly Liken Cucumber Lime Juice Recipe
Before the main course, how about a refreshing drink? This juice is sweet enough to drink on its own, but it can also be used in a cocktail.
- 4 peeled, seeded Cucumbers
- 1 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Water
- Juice of 3 Limes
- Puree cucumbers with water in a food processor.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Add simple syrup and lime juice.
Kelly Liken: The Talk Cucumber Lime Elixir Cocktail Recipe
- 3 oz Cucumber-Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 oz Gin
- Combine ingredients in a tall glass.
- Serve garnished with a slice of cucumber.
The Talk: Kelly Liken Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe Ingredients
Kelly recommended keeping the wings together instead of splitting them, because they will be more juicy and hearty, especially if you are making this for a family dinner. However, they will take a bit longer to cook, so keep turning them.
- 12 whole Chicken Wings
- 3/4 cup Hot Sauce
- 1 clove minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Salt-Free Rub
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Butter
Kelly Liken: The Talk Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe Directions
- Dry wings and sprinkle spice rub over them. Let rest one hour.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a sauce pan.
- Sweat garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add honey, hot sauce, and soy sauce.
- Simmer about 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Preheat a grill on medium.
- Grill wings until crispy and cooked, around 25-30 minutes; turn regularly.
- During the final few minutes of cooking, brush wings with sauce so that it can caramelize.
- Serve with crudite and blue cheese dressing.