The Doctors Fig Recipe
The Doctors TV Show spoke about how figs are a rich source of calcium. But what do you do with figs? Sure, you could eat them plain, but what is the fun in that? Dr Lisa Masterson said that she rarely cooks, but she made this Fig Appetizer Recipe for her son and he liked it. So this is one recipe that she will actually cook. Here is how you make Dr Lisa Masterson’s Fig Recipe:
Dr Lisa: Fig Recipe
• 8 large, firm ripe figs, stems trimmed and halved lengthwise
• 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• Cheese such as bleu cheese, ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, camember, stilton or goat cheese
• 8 ribbons of prosciutto (optional)
1. Lay the figs on a tray with the side you cut facing up. If you plan to serve this as a warm appetizer, you should consider placing it on a baking sheet instead.
2. Drizzle the tops of the figs with extra virgin olive oil (about 1/4 tsp per fig).
3. Push a piece of cheese (around 1/2″) into the middle of your figs.
4. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each fig. This step is optional, but apparently Dr Lisa Masterson highly recommends doing this step!
5. Serve warm so that the cheese melts, or you can serve it at room temperature.