The Drs: Benefits Of Eating Eggs
The Doctors shared that eggs can be a nutritious food because they contain a bit of just about every nutrient we need. There’s a lot of research out about cholesterol in your food, and it’s known that egg yolks have cholesterol in them, but Dr Travis Stork said the association is no longer as predominant as it used to be. He wanted to share some great ways to cook your eggs, like Egg-o-Cados or Healthy Egg Muffins.
The Drs: Easy Hard Boiled Eggs
One easy way to hard boil your eggs is to actually bake them in the oven. Just preheat your oven to 325 degrees and put raw eggs into a muffin tin without water. Bake them for about 30 minutes before dropping them in cold water. Easy hard boiled eggs without the boiling!
The Drs: Eggs In Avocados Recipe
The Doctors then shared how you can make an easy and nutritious meal for you and your family using eggs and avocados. They called them egg-o-cados and they’re from Dr Stork’s The Doctor’s Diet Cookbook. Avocados are full of healthy fats and their creamy texture pairs up perfectly with savory eggs.
The Drs: “Egg-o-Cados” Recipe Ingredients
- 4 fresh eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
The Drs: “Egg-o-Cados” Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice avocados in half & remove the pits.
- Remove about 2 tablespoons of the flesh from the center of each avocado half.
- Put the avocados in a small baking dish & then crack in egg into each avocado.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until egg whites are set.
- Add seasonings before digging in!