The Drs: Healthy Egg Recipe
The Doctors shared that although there’s been a lot of news saying that eggs are unhealthy for you in terms of cholesterol, they’re actually incredibly nutritious and full of all the right nutrients your body needs. The Doctors shared a few of their healthy egg recipes from The Doctor’s Diet Cookbook, including their recipes for Healthy Egg Muffins and Egg in Avocado.
I’ve made this recipe using ham or turkey instead of prosciutto and it’s just as good. It’s a great meal that even your kids will eat and can even be taken on the go! What’s better than that? They also don’t use bread so they’re perfect if you’re on a low-carb diet!
The Drs: Healthy Egg Muffins Recipe Ingredients
- 6 thin slices of prosciutto
- 3 large basil leaves, torn
- Cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
The Drs: Healthy Egg Muffins Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 6 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray & add one slice of prosciutto to each cup.
- Split the cheese in half & use one half to fill each of the cups.
- Add basil to each cup.
- Crack an egg into each cup & then add the rest of the cheese and basil to each one.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, season with salt & pepper & enjoy.