The Doctors TV Show was focused on the topic of “Secrets Your Feet Tell About Your Health” today. So, one of the topics that The Drs TV Show spoke about was Nail Salon Dangers like Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) used in Nail Glue.
The Doctors: Methyl Methacrylate Nail Glue is Dangerous
The Doctors said that Methyl Methacrylate or MMA is very toxic and has been banned in 30 states, but even in those 30 states, nail salons have been caught placing MMA into the healthier and more expensive containers of Nail Glue. You should not put Methyl Methacrylate or MMA on your fingernails or toenails. One woman even lost part of her fingernail because of using this Toxic Nail Glue. If you are about to have your nails done at a Nail Salon that is offering Acrylic Nails for very cheap (like $20 for example), then you should be highly suspicious, because healthier Nail Glues are more expensive. Another indicator that your nail salon uses Methyl Methacrylate or MMA is that it has a very pungent smell.
Instead of trusting your health to a nail salon, why not give yourself a manicure instead? For the price of a few manicures, you can get this awesome manicure and pedicure set (read all of the glowing reviews!):Home Pedicure PediNova III.