The Doctors TV Show discussed a recent study that found that your chance of dying is 67% higher if you have a weak handshake as compared to individuals with a strong handshake. Some people who were interviewed on The Drs TV Show said the following about what handshakes mean:
– A good handshake is important to make a good first impression
– A weak handshake is a bad sign to send to people
– A firm handshake is a sign of confidence and that the person makes better decisions
– A weak handshake shows a lack of sincerity and honesty
– Shaking someone’s hand who has a weak handshake is like putting your hand in a tub of tomato sauce – yuck!
Dr Travis Stork said that the reason that the study found that the death rate is higher for people with a weak handshake is because they are more neurotic and less confident and positive. The other major takeaway from this segment is that you should always wash your hands after a hand shake – whether it is a firm hand shake or a weak hand shake!