The Chew: Tiramisu Martini Recipe
What’s for dessert? Carla Hall, Daphne Oz, and soap star Tuc Watkins teamed up to make a dessert you can drink–their Tiramisu Martini Recipe.
The Chew: Tuc Watkins One Life To Live
Soap star Tuc Watkins is back on One Life To Live. He said he was surprised to get the call about returning to his daytime role, which is now back with new episodes online. Watkins said that he likes watching TV on his phone, and this new online version of the show is perfect on the go.
One Life To Live and All My Children are back through The Online Network, iTunes, and Hulu.
The Chew: Tuc Watkins Gay?
Watkins is the father of infant twins, Catchen and Curtis. He said that he played a gay father on Desperate Housewives, and now his onscreen scenario is playing out in real life.
“At a very young age, I knew three things: I knew I was gay, I knew I was going to have a kid, and I knew Gene Wilder’s Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was going to be the best movie of all time,” he said.
It seems that Tuc Watkins is making a splash with his coming out, which he only recently announced publicly for the first time to talk show host Marie Osmond.
The Chew Tiramisu Martini Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Ladyfingers, crushed
- Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee
- 9 oz Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (whipped)
- 3 Egg Yolks (room temp)
- 1/4 cup Marsala
- 1/4 cup Sugar
The Chew: Carla Hall Tiramisu Martini Recipe Directions
- Combine instant coffee with a cup of heavy cream in a sauce pot on medium.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir chocolate chips into sauce pan. Let rest so chocolate melts; then stir well.
- Return to heat to melt chocolate if necessary. Do not burn chocolate.
- Let chocolate coffee cool to room temperature.
- Combine whipped cream cheese with sour cream and 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Using a double boiler, bring water to boil and then let simmer.
- Remove bowl from heat and whisk room temperature eggs and sugar to double volume.
- Add salt and drizzle marsala into the bowl.
- Return bowl over simmering water and whisk into a foam. Temperature should read around 140.
- In martini glasses, spoon a layer of chocolate ganache in the bottom.
- Cover ganache with a layer of ladyfingers.
- Layer cream cheese next, followed by zabaglione and cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately.