The Chew: Daphne Oz Green Recipes
You may be green with envy after you see the beautiful and enticing green recipes that Daphne Oz was inspired to share on the Picture Perfect Meals episode of The Chew. Check out her Super Green Smoothie Recipe, which would make her dad proud, and then check out an easy Escarole Pasta dish. For more ideas, get her King of Greens Salad recipe.
The Chew: Super Green Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Daphne said that you might not think to use spinach in a sweet food, but this recipe is one of her favorite breakfasts. You can customize it by using your favorite frozen or seasonal fruits, to keep it interesting.
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Juice
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Frozen Fruit
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves
Daphne Oz’s Super Green Smoothie Recipe Directions
- Peel a banana and cut it into small pieces. Freeze the pieces until they are solid.
- In a blender, combine frozen fruit with chia seeds.
- Add spinach, mint, and banana.
- Last, mix in water and juice, adjusting water level if necessary.
- On low speed, begin to mix ingredients together.
- Slowly increase speed until ingredients are mixed to desired consistency.
Daphne Oz Escarole Pasta Recipe Ingredients
You can mix Escarole, a green vegetable, into pasta, for a textured and very healthy dish. Don’t confuse it in the produce section for romaine lettuce. Instead, know that it’s great for bone health.
- 1 lb Whole Wheat Pasta (such as spaghetti)
- 3 cups Escarole
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew Escarole Pasta Recipe Directions
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil on medium high. Add salt.
- Cook pasta one minute under the directions on your box.
- In a saute pan on medium high, heat olive oil.
- Cook garlic with chili flakes for about a minute.
- Add escarole, seasoning with salt and pepper. Saute until greens are tender, no more than about five minutes.
- Use about 1/2 cup of the pasta water to deglaze your pan.
- Add cooked pasta to the escarole pan.
- Serve drizzled with olive oil and seasoned to taste.