The Chew: Simple, Special, Spectacular Grilling
The Chew threw a Simple, Special, Spectacular episode featuring great grilled recipes. Mario Batali chose a Ribeye Steak recipe, for the meat’s texture and fatty flavor. “Even well done, this is a delicious steak,” he said, showing off his decadent dish, featuring spring onions, morel sauce, and port wine.
Here’s how to make the dish of the day, a grilled Ribeye Recipe featuring some special embellishments. You can make it three different ways–just do as much or as little as you want from the recipe instructions.
The Chew: Ribeye Steak Recipe Ingredients with Spring Onions, Morels & Port
For a great presentation, Mario suggested cutting the steaks into bite-sized pieces, cutting “parallel to the outside fat,” cutting 1/2” thick.
- 2 32-oz. Ribeye Steaks
- 1 1/2 lb New Potatoes, sliced into rings
- 2 cloves smashed Garlic
- 2 sprigs chopped Rosemary
- 2 bunches Wild Spring Onions, trimmed
- 2 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Dried Porcini
- 1 lb Morels, sliced and dried
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dry Tawny Port Wine
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Mario Batali Ribeye Steak With Spring Onions Recipe Directions
- Remove steaks from fridge half an hour before cooking. Preheat a grill to medium high.
- In a bowl, toss potatoes in garlic and rosemary. Coat in salt and pepper with some olive oil.
- Put potatoes in a well-sealed foil packet. Grill for up to 30 minutes, until tender.
- Season steaks as desired and drizzle in olive oil.
- Caramelize meat on both sides for about five minutes.
- Flip steaks and cook to desired temperature.
- Let meat rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Make your steak dinner special by rubbing steaks in sherry vinegar.
- Cut the greens off your onions and cut them into small pieces, cooking them with potatoes on the grill.
- In a saute pan with olive oil, cook spring onions with salt and pepper until charred.
- For a spectacular dish, mix porcini powder with brown sugar. Season the steaks with sherry, salt, and pepper first. Then rub with brown sugar mix.
- Throw meat on the grill. Steaks take up to 30 minutes for medium rare.
- In a saute pan on medium high, combine equal amounts of butter and olive oil.
- Add morels and let sit for one minute. Then stir and lightly season.
- Add port and bring to a quick simmer.
- After two to three minutes, add another tablespoon of butter.
- Serve steak with potatoes, onions, and morel sauce.