The Chew: Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
The Chew invited guest Josh Capon to share his Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with Lemon Caper Vinaigrette on the show. Also, Mario Batali made a Creamy Orzo Recipe to go with his Osso Buco Recipe.
The secret to a beautiful restaurant-style presentation for this dish is to roast the head of cauliflower whole.
The Chew Roasted Cauliflower Ingredients
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 bunch Parsley
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Capers
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Josh Capon Roasted Cauliflower Directions
- Combine one cup of Olive Oil with Capers, Parsley, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Mustard, Salt and Pepper.
- Whisk your ingredients together to form a vinaigrette.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup Olive OIl over your Cauliflower, and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat your oven to 350 F and roast until tender and golden in color, about 40 minutes.
- Pour the vinaigrette over your cauliflower before serving.
The Chew: Creamy Orzo Recipe
Mario Batali whipped up this Creamy Orzo Recipe on The Chew. Orzo is easier to cook and cheaper than Risotto, but with a similar consistency. You could serve your Osso Buco or another protein entree over a plate of Creamy Orzo.
The Chew: Mario Batali Creamy Orzo Ingredients
- 1 Shallot, large
- 1 lb Orzo
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew Creamy Orzo Directions
- In a medium pot over medium high, heat two tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Stir in Shallot with a little salt and let cook until soft, around three minutes.
- Add Paprika and Turmeric. Then stir in Garlic and cook one more minute.
- Mix in the Orzo to toast it, while continuously stirring. This should take about two minutes, and the pasta will turn light brown.
- Add Chicken Stock to bring the pan to a simmer.
- Cook until stock absorbs, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan. Adjust seasonings to taste.