The Chew: Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe
Michael Symon from The Chew showed a great way to make a fancy meal with simple ingredients for this Dish of the Day. He chose a Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe with Asparagus and Pea Panzanella Salad. Here’s everything you need to pull it off.
As for the Panzanella Salad, Michael advised that you can substitute favorite seasonal vegetables in the dish to customize it any way you like. This recipe can give you a restaurant quality meal for an affordable price, and it makes an impressive dinner party entree.
The Chew Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe & Panzanella Salad Ingredients
- 2 1/2 lb Skirt Steak
- 4 cups Bread Cubes
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1 cup Peas (fresh)
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 10 Mint Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Michael Symon Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe Directions
- Preheat a grill to medium high and turn the oven on 350.
- Remove steak from fridge about half an hour before cooking.
- Combine salt and pepper with olive oil and bread cubes on a sheet tray.
- Let bake for around 11 minutes in the oven, just until crunchy. Reserve.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper over asparagus and grill a few minutes on each side to char.
- Cut grilled asparagus into bite size pieces.
- Season steak as desired and grill for up to four minutes on each side, or longer if desired.
- Let cooked steak rest on a cutting board.
- To make your vinaigrette, combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in peas, mint, asparagus, and bread cubes.
- Mix well and add parmesan.
- Adjust seasoning to taste before serving.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve with salad.
Will you try this recipe over the summer? Symon said that skirt steak works best on the grill. You can also season your cutting board with olive oil, salt, and pepper before slicing meat to ensure the seasoning is in every bite.