The Chew: Guy Fieri Bread Appetizer
Do you need a great idea for a holiday bread that you can pass and share? Guy Fieri showed The Chew crew how to make this Sundried Tomato Sourdough Toast Recipe, which is loaded up on butter. Feel free to use more bread to stretch the buttery goodness out more. Also check out his Cioppino Recipe, featuring Dungeness Crab.
The Chew: Rachael Vs Guy Celebrity Cook-Off
One of Guy’s many Food Network series is Rachael Vs Guy Celebrity Cook-Off. You can tune in to watch these chefs compete and try to teach other famous names how to cook. Season three begins in January 2014. This season’s contestants include, among many others, Florence Henderson and Vanilla Ice.
You can also catch him in other shows like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives or Guy’s Grocery Games, which are also on the Food Network schedule.
The Chew: Guy Fieri Sundried Tomato Sourdough Toast Recipe Ingredients
- 1 head Garlic
- 1/2 lb room temp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup ground Parmesan
- 3 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 3/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Dry White Wine
- 1 Sourdough Boule
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Guy Fieri: The Chew Sundried Tomato Sourdough Toast Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut the top off garlic and expose the bulb.
- Pull off excess skins.
- Drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and wrap with foil, leaving the top exposed.
- Roast in the oven about 60 minutes, until fragrant.
- Let completely cool. Squeeze cloves into a dish.
- Use a cup of hot water to rehydrate the tomato. This should take around 15 minutes.
- Drain and chop. Reserve.
- Combine parmesan, white wine, garlic, tomatoes, and butter in a food processor for a few minutes.
- Scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper, pulsing to incorporate.
- Scrape this into a mixing bowl and chill for five minutes.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the boule into 3/4” slices.
- Slather with garlic butter on each slice and on the outside of the crust.
- Bake the boule for eight or nine minutes, to melt butter and crisp the outside.
- Take out of the oven and serve hot.