The Chew: The Sweet Life
The Chew went all out with its Sweet Life recipe, featuring desserts and snacks that will please every sweet tooth. Clinton Kelly whipped up this Chocolate Pecan Caramel Brownie Cream Pie Recipe on the show. It has just about everything dessert lovers could ask for. Check it out!
It’s not hard to make your own graham cracker crust, as you will see in this recipe. Don’t forget that you can customize this by using your own favorite toppings, in case you think there is anything tasty that isn’t in the recipe already.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Chocolate Pecan Caramel Brownie Cream Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 16 Graham Crackers
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 5 oz melted Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp strong Coffee
- 2 tbsp room temp Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups Chocolate Brownies (1/2” cubes)
- Caramel Sauce
- Chopped Pecans
- Whipped Cream
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Chocolate Pecan Caramel Brownie Cream Pie Recipe Directions
- Use a food processor to pulse graham crackers with sugar, salt and pecans until ground.
- Drizzle in melted butter to combine while the food processor is running.
- Press mixture into a pie dish. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes and then let cool.
- In a saucepan, make the filling. Whisk sugar with salt, yolks, and cornstarch until combined.
- Add a stream of milk into the saucepan while whisking.
- Continue whisking. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce and simmer, whisking another minute.
- Strain filling into a large bowl.
- Whisk in butter, coffee, vanilla and chocolate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for about two hours.
- Fold in brown pieces. Spoon mixture into crust.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of six hours.
- Serve with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and chopped pecans. Or add your own favorite toppings.