The Chew: Daphne Oz & Michael Symon’s Moons Over Cleveland
This recipe did not go a hundred percent the way Michael Symon intended. He wanted to show how easy the sandwiches were to make, so five minutes were put on the clock and he tried to make them in time for the hosts to enjoy.
Daphne Oz lent a hand for this very unusual sandwich, where the outside of the ham and egg sandwich was made of two grilled cheese sandwiches in an awesomely delicious super-sandwich.
Michael Symon got frustrated with his grill not working fast enough, so he put an entire grilled cheese sandwich right on the burner of his stove to cook it faster. He recommended that no one try it at home. “You are an animal!” Daphne Oz said.
Michael Symon Moons Over Cleveland Ingredients:
- 1 Ham Steak
- 8 slices Sourdough Bread
- 6 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 stick of Butter (softened)
- Salt and Pepper
- 16 slices Gruyere Cheese
The Chew Moons Over Cleveland Directions:
- Butter the sides of each piece of sourdough bread. Add three pieces of cheese and grill on a griddle.
- Michael Symon said the key to this sandwich was his perfect scrambled eggs. Crack three eggs right into the pan you plan to use, mix them together with a dollop of butter. Do not add salt. This will come later.
- Cook over high heat and constantly stir, until the eggs are about done.
- Remove from heat and add salt.
- Grill ham in a pan, over medium-high heat, for about two minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Place ham on top of one of the grilled cheese sandwiches, add egg on top of that and top with another grilled cheese.
- Enjoy the sandwich that Michael Symon calls Moons Over Cleveland.