The Chew Chocolate Banana Donuts Recipe Ingredients
Daphne Oz set out to make a healthier version of donuts that you can indulge in. That’s how she came up with her Chocolate Banana Donuts Recipe. This recipe should yield four dozen mini donuts. Later, Clinton Kelly made another dessert: Crispy Peanut Butter Balls.
Oz explained that she has recently lost 30 pounds. She loves to eat, but she wants to keep the weight off without having to sacrifice her favorite treats. That’s what inspires her to come up with recipes like this one, which has half the calories compared to a classic donut recipe.
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 4 Bananas (over-ripe)
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate shavings
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- Cooking Spray
The Chew: Daphne Oz Chocolate Banana Donuts Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Combine topping ingredients with a whisk.
- Dust coating over pan and return excess to bowl for later use.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl to desired smooth consistency.
- Beat bananas with sugar, coconut oil, and yogurt until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Last, add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix flour with yogurt ingredients.
- Add chocolate and mix together well.
- Put batter in a pastry bag or plastic bag for piping.
- Fill donut molds about 3/4 full.
- Top donuts with leftover topping mixture.
- Bake about 11 minutes, until golden.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
The Chew: Crispy Peanut Butter Balls Recipe Ingredients
If you need an easy party snack for the weekend or a play date, try these Crispy Peanut Butter Balls.
- 2 cups Peanut Butter (creamy)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 cups Puffed Rice Cereal
- 1 stick Butter
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips (semisweet)
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Crispy Peanut Butter Balls Recipe Directions
- Melt butter and peanut butter in a sauce pot. Remove from heat and add salt. Reserve.
- Combine sugar and rice cereal in a large bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until combined.
- Use a scoop to create small balls and place them on a prepared baking sheet.
- Let set in refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate using a double boiler.
- Remove balls from fridge and dip in melted chocolate.
- Return to fridge to set chocolate for about 10 minutes.