The Chew Cooking Class
Michael Symon kicked off The Chew’s cooking class, which he said is for anyone who wants to go to the kitchen but needs a little help learning the basics. He made a Chicken Cutlet recipe with a Tomato Mozzarella Salad.
The Chew crew teamed up with real life students to put together an easy recipe you can teach anyone to make. If you could choose, which Chew crew team member would you want to work with?
The Chew: Michael Symon Breaded Chicken Cutlet Recipe
Learn how to make a complete meal the easy way with this dish. Here is everything you need to get started.
“The first time is always the hardest time,” Symon said of learning how to cook for yourself at home.
Ingredients – Chicken Cutlet
- 2 lb Chicken Breast, pounded thin
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs (Panko or similar)
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
Ingredients – Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 oz Mozzarella Balls
- 4 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Red Onion
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Chicken Cutlet Directions with Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- On medium high, add three tbsp Olive Oil to a cast iron pan.
- Season chicken breast as desired.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper in a baking dish.
- Whisk eggs and pour into a second baking dish. Add salt and pepper.
- Use a third dish to mix breadcrumbs with Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Bread chicken by dipping in flour, then eggs, and finally breadcrumbs.
- Put breaded chicken into hot pan, cooking about three or four minutes until golden brown.
- Flip chicken and cook other side for another two to three minutes.
- Let drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- To make the salad, combine vinegar with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and red onion slices.
- Add optional chili flakes and dress with vinaigrette.
- Serve cooked chicken with completely assembled salad.