The Chew: Better Guacamole Bar Ideas
As part of the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta, The Chew was showing views how to make affordable dishes for their own Cinco de Mayo parties. Michael showed us a traditional guacamole, along with several unique variations.
The Chew: Michael Symon’s Guacamole Recipes
- 3 Ripe Avocados (pit removed and scooped into a bowl)
- 1/2 small Red Onion (minced)
- 1 small Jalapeno (seeds and rib removed; minced)
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons fresh Lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped Cilantro
Bacon and Blue Cheese Guacamole Ingredients
- 1/2 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced Bacon
Guacamole Crab Dip Ingredients
- 3/4 cup Lump Crab Meat
Goat Cheese and Mint Guacamole Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese (4-ounce log)
- 1/4 cup Mint (chiffonade)
The Chew: How To Make Guacamole
Michael Symon Guacamole Recipe Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- As you are mixing, mash in the avocados to achieve a smooth consistency that has small avocado lumps
- Check the seasoning for flavor, and add more lime juice or salt if you need to.
Bacon and Blue Cheese Guacamole Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a sheet tray, lay the bacon out in a single layer.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it is crispy – whichever comes first.
- Move the bacon to a paper towel to help take some of the fat off.
- Crumble the bacon into the guacamole.
- Add some blue cheese.
- Test for taste, and add more blue cheese if desired.
Guacamole Crab Dip Recipe Directions
- Cut crab meat into chunks
- Gently fold in the crab to maintain the large chunks of crab meat.
- Add horseradish for zip
- Check seasoning for flavor.
- Add more cilantro lime juice if desired.
Goat Cheese and Mint Guacamole Recipe Directions
- Crumble goat cheese into the guacamole.
- Slice mint into thin strips.
- Fold goat cheese into guacamole along with mint.