The Chew: Kale Hero Salad Recipe
The Chew welcomed TV reporter and author Dylan Ratigan to the show to talk about his work with Archi’s Acres. He also made a Kale Salad Recipe and shared his Hero Green Drink Recipe on the show.
The Chew: Archi’s Acres VSAT Review
The Veterans Sustainable Agriculture Training program is a transitional opportunity for veterans returning from active duty. Dylan Ratigan has partnered with the cause at the Archi’s Acres farm’s San Diego location.
This opportunity provides career training, and Ratigan got involved after having the farm’s founders as guests on his TV show. He quit his job and joined the cause.
Veterans who spoke on The Chew said that veterans have an unemployment rate as high as twice that of the national average. Ratigan said this program addresses various problems facing the country.
Products from the program include hot sauce, sweet potato pies, and more. Archi’s Acres and the VSAT program are providing a needed opportunity for veterans who have served America.
The Chew: Archi’s Acres Kale Salad Ingredients
- 2 bunches Dino Kale
- 2 bunches Red Chard
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola Crumbles
- 1/2 cup Toasted Almonds
- 2 Fuji Apples, cubed
- 1 Papaya
Archi’s Acres Kale Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 2” Ginger Root
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Dylan Ratigan Kale Salad Recipe Directions
- Slice kale and red chard into thin leaves. Try rolling the bunch and slicing down the center before slicing into smaller leaves.
- To make the dressing, combine garlic with vinegar and ginger.
- Whisk in olive oil and finish with salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasonings as desired.
- In a large bowl, toss the red chard and kale leaves in the dressing.
- Toss in the apples, papaya, almonds, and cheese.
- Alternately, substitute your favorite cheeses or nuts to customize the recipe to your tastes.
The Chew: Dylan Ratigan Kale Hero Smoothie Recipe
If you need a breakfast smoothie that is packed with nutrients and will get your morning started right, try Dylan Ratigan’s Kale Hero Smoothie Recipe from The Chew.
The Chew: Kale Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
- 10 leaves Dino Kale
- Juice of two Limes
- 1 Papaya
- 3 cups Apple Juice
- Diced Ginger
- 1 Banana
Simply combine each of these ingredients in a blender and serve immediately to kick start your day.