The Chew: Roast Pork Loin with Chili Pomegranate Glaze Recipe
Diners and critics alike praise Michael Lomonaco’s cooking at his Porter House Restaurant, where red meat and red wine are in season. He returned to The Chew to prepare a Roast Pork Loin Recipe with a Chili Pomegranate Glaze.
Like many of us, Lomonaco loves a good roast. This was his idea of a million-dollar meal, and it is a perfect Sunday meal during the fall or winter. His advice is to find a good butcher to build a relationship with. He prefers to keep the loin on the bone but remove one of the bones to make it easier to work with, which is something a butcher can simplify for you.
The Chew: Michael Lomonaco Roast Pork Loin Recipe Ingredients
- 4 to 4 1/2 lb Bone In Center Cut Pork Loin
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seed
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 quarts Water
- 2 cups Pomegranate Juice
- 2 tbsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 clove chopped Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Maple Glazed Acorn Squash Ingredients
- 4 Acorn Squash
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 1/2 Cinnamon Sticks
Michael Lomonaco: The Chew Roast Pork Loin Recipe Directions
- Combine water with 1/3 cup salt in a saucepan, stirring over high heat to dissolve.
- Pour brine into a large clean pot and let cool uncovered for about two hours, until it reaches room temperature.
- Place pork in the brine, making sure it is completely submerged.
- Cover and store for four to 24 hours.
- Remove loin from brine and pat dry.
- Brush with olive oil and season with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Roast on the middle rack of an oven on high heat for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 F and continue to roast.
- Combine pomegranate juice with ancho chili, honey, garlic, and smoked paprika.
- Simmer ingredients for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Baste pork intermittently with glaze as it roasts.
- Roast should be done after 90 minutes to two hours, reaching an internal temperature of 150 F.
- Remove from oven and rest 20 minutes before carving.
- Serve with acorn squash.
- To make the squash, preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Wash squash and cut it top to bottom, splitting each squash into six slices.
- Arrange on a baking sheet, cut sides down, with a bit of water on the sheet.
- Bake about 35 minutes, until tender when pierced.
- Remove and cool.
- Heat raisins with pine nuts, butter, cinnamon and syrup in a saucepan.
- Turn squash onto the skin side and drizzle with this glaze, returning to the oven 10 minutes to caramelize before serving.