The Chew: Malin Ackerman Morning Sickness Remedy
The Chew’s Clinton Kelly teamed up with a familiar actress, Malin Ackerman, star of the new ABC sitcom Trophy Wife, to make dessert for The Chew crew. Check out her interview and this Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe from the show.
Ackerman is the proud mother of an infant son. She said his smile makes up for the sleepless nights. As someone who cooks but does not bake too much, she was ready to learn this easy recipe.
Her pregnancy advice for Daphne Oz was to keep a piece of fruit and a glass of water on the nightstand to fend off morning sickness.
The Chew: Malin Ackerman Trophy Wife Premiere
Clinton Kelly gave Trophy Wife a rave review, saying that “I was laughing my butt off out loud.” Ackerman explained that the title is tongue-in-cheek, but her character falls in love with a twice-divorced older man. When they get married, she has to adjust to an instant family.
“I always find it fun to watch people struggle,” she said of her character. In a clip from the series, her character vies for attention from her husband against the rest of the family. You can watch and see how things turn out on Trophy Wife, Tuesday nights on ABC, premiering September 24.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 6 oz chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 room temperature Eggs
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Powdered Sugar
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe Directions
- Preheat an oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9” springform pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper and grease that also.
- Melt butter with chocolate chips over a double boiler or in a microwave.
- Add in cocoa powder with salt. Stir.
- Beat eggs with sugar on medium for a few minutes, until it is ribbony and pale yellow.
- Combine chocolate with eggs, mixing until only a few streaks remain.
- Pour mixture into your springform pan.
- Place this on a baking sheet and put it in the oven.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until cake starts to pull from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Serve with ice cream and powdered sugar.