The Chew: Denise Richards Twisted TV Show
On The Chew July 15 2013, Daphne Oz showed us her Lemon Herb & Feta Salad Recipe with a fellow kitchen dweller, Twisted‘s Denise Richards. Twisted has just started airing on ABC Family, and tells the tale of a boy who returns home after years in therapy for killing his aunt when he was a young boy. Mysteriously, as soon as he returns home, one of his fellow students is found dead.
Before we got cooking, Denise told us one of her deep dark, secrets from her past. As it turns out, the gorgeous blonde liked one of the ugliest foods on earth—liverwurst from the tube. She would make sandwiches out of it. The sandwich was made with Miracle Whip and Liverwurst. She would always get excited when she would open up her lunch box and see one of those sandwiches inside.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Lemon Herb & Feta Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of rinsed Quinoa
- 1 cup of Water
- 2 15.5-ounce can of rinsed Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of English Peas
- 1/3 cup of toasted and roughly chopped Almonds
- 1/2 bunch of torn fresh Mint leaves
- 1/2 bunch of freshly torn Parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup of fresh Dill fronds
- The zest and juice of 2 Lemons
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (freshly cracked)
- Crumbled Feta to use as garnish
The Chew: Lemon Herb & Feta Salad Directions
- Place salted water in a medium pot and boil it, adding quinoa.
- Allow the quinoa to cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the sprout of the quinoa has spiraled out and the grain is tender.
- Mix the quinoa with the mint, almonds, dill, lemon zest, peas, and parsley.
- Drizzle on some virgin olive oil and lemon juice to dress the salad.
- Add salt and pepper to the salad for seasoning.
- Toss the salad to coat it in the seasoning and dressing. Then, crumble some feta on top to serve.