The Chew: Wendi McLendon-Covey The Goldbergs & Blended
Wendi McLendon-Covey came by The Chew to talk about The Goldbergs, her hit sitcom that takes place in the 1980s. They showed some pictures of how she looked on the show and then showed what she really looked like in the 1980s. Wendi McLendon-Covey looked mortified, but Michael Symon comforted her with the fact that in the ’80s, he had a big mullet. Then they showed a picture of Clinton Kelly from the ’80s where he was wearing a big Argyle sweater and short shorts.
Wendi McLendon-Covey also stars in the film Blended, where she plays a friend of Drew Barrymore’s character. Wendi McLendon-Covey said that Drew Barrymore was a sweat heart and that Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler should only make movies together, because they’re like Lucy and Ricky.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Meatball Burger Recipe Ingredients
For the Sauce
- 3 large Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- 28 ounce can Organic Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 cup Romano Cheese
- 8 fresh Basil Leaves
- dash Sweet Vermouth
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For the Patties
- 1 cup Fresh Made Bread Crumbs (coarsely ground)
- 1/2 pound Ground Lamb
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Grated Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg 1 Egg (beaten)
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- 4 slices Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 cup Fresh Ricotta
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Meatball Burger Recipe Directions
- Make the sauce by sauteing the garlic and onions for 5 minutes in a skillet over medium heat in olive oil. Then add the tomato sauce, oregano, rosemary, cheese, vermouth, and basil. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for about 13 minutes.
- Preheat grill over high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine all the pattie ingredients. Clinton Kelly made Wendi McLendon-Covey do this with her hands, but you could probably use a spoon if you didn’t want to get messy.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and make them into patties.
- Put the patties on the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Top each patty with a slice of fresh mozzarella and allow it to melt.
- Then toast the kasier rolls on the grill.
- When the rolls are done, assemble the burgers. Spread some fresh ricotta on the bottoms of the rolls and place a patty on top. Then finish with the tomato sauce.