The Chew: Marcia Gay Harden Trophy Wife
The Chew went Awesomely Loud, Incredibly Crunchy for this episode, and Michael Symon welcomed Marcia Gay Harden to the show. This star of Trophy Wife has an Oscar and a Tony in her own trophy case, and now she can also hang onto Michael’s Vegetable Tempura Recipe.
Symon and Clinton Kelly gushed about Trophy Wife, which is well-put-together. She said that her character does not want to get back with her ex-husband, who has since married twice, but she still wants to look her best and not get fat. Trophy Wife is on ABC Tuesday nights.
Harden watches the show with her family over popcorn and dessert. She loves creating family time and getting everyone together for dinner. They also read books together by the fire, which Carla Hall wanted to come over and partake in.
The Chew: Michael Symon Vegetable Tempura Recipe Ingredients
Tempura veggies are crispy and crunchy, and since they have some fat on them, Michael can enjoy them as well. He shared this easy recipe with Marcia and the audience.
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 cups cold Seltzer Water
- 2 cups Rice Flour
- pinch of Salt
- 1 head cut Broccoli
- 3 peeled, cut Carrots
- 1/4 lb trimmed, cut Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 head cut Cauliflower
- 1/4 lb trimmed, cut Green Beans
- 1/2 lb trimmed, cut Asparagus
- Vegetable Oil
Soy Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup low sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 thin sliced Scallions
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp grated Ginger
- Lemon Juice
- Sambal Oelek
Wasabi Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Wasabi Paste
Michael Symon: The Chew Vegetable Tempura Recipe Directions
- Preheat vegetable oil at 360 F.
- Mix two cups of rice flour with salt and pepper.
- Combine egg yolks with seltzer water.
- Add seasoned flour flour and mix to combine. Lumps are OK.
- Dredge veggies in excess flour.
- Coat veggies in egg batter.
- Fry about three or four minutes, until crisp.
- Let dry on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Salt and serve with dipping sauces.
- Combine soy ingredients together and adjust levels of lemon juice and sambal as desired.
- Combine wasabi ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.