The Chew: Clinton Kelly Drink Recipes
Clinton Kelly created a number of drink recipes on The Chew, including an Apple Cider Wassail recipe, a Sage Julep recipe, and a Boozy Pumpkin Shake recipe. Check out my attempt at these below!
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Apple Cider Wassail Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Gallon Apple Cider
- 4 Cups Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- 4 Earl Grey Tea Bags
- 1 Tablespoon Juniper Berries
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 2 Inches of Fresh Ginger (Coined)
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Apple (Sliced into Coins)
- 1 Orange (Sliced into Coins)
- Brandy (Optional and to Taste)
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Apple Cider Wassail Recipe Directions
- Toss all ingredients except brandy into a slow cooker or a large Dutch oven.
- In the slow cooker, cook for about an hour and a half on high. In a Dutch oven, bring to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- If you want the brandy, add it to the glass first and then strain the wassail into the glass on top.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Sage Julep Recipe Ingredients
Sage Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 10 Leaves Sage
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
Sage Julep Ingredients
- 2 Ounces Whiskey
- 1 Tablespoon Sage Simple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Selzer or Club Soda (Optional)
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Sage Julep Recipe Directions
- Start by making the Sage Simple Syrup. Combine ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat as soon as the sugar is dissolved. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and then strain into a container.
- To make the Sage Julep, combine the whiskey, Sage Simple syrup, and lemon juice in a glass filled with ice. Finish with the selzer or club soda if you want a little fizz, but don’t go too far with it so it’s not watered down.
The Chew: Clinton Kelly Boozy Pumpkin Shake Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Ounces Spiced Rum
- 6 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Ice
- 1 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
Clinton Kelly: The Chew Boozy Pumpkin Shake Recipe Directions
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and drink with a straw.
- Clinton Kelly likes to add a little dark rum on top straight from his flask, but that’s totally up to you!