The Chew: Daphne’s Baby Shower Brunch
It was Daphne Oz’s baby shower, Extra Value Friday style, as The Chew crew prepared delicious and affordable dishes like Michael Symon’s Banana Bread Pudding Recipe. (Don’t miss Mario’s Swiss Chard & Sausage Frittata either!)
Daphne Oz loves banana pudding, so Michael Symon used croissants to turn it into a bread pudding. Bananas are my favorite fruit, and I admit I was salivating as I watched this being prepared. Finally someone has put something I find irresistible on a croissant.
Chocolate sauce and sea salt made for a decadent finish to this sweet breakfast treat.
The Chew: Michael Symon Banana Bread Pudding Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tbsp soft Butter
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp grated Nutmeg
- 2 cups sliced Bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Half & Half
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 sliced Croissants
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 oz chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Michael Symon: The Chew Banana Bread Pudding Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven on 350 F.
- Use butter to prepare a baking pan.
- Combine half & half, milk, sugar, eggs and yolks, vanilla, nutmeg and salt.
- Arrange the bottoms of the croissants in the bottom of the pan.
- Layer bananas, followed by the croissant tops.
- Pour custard over this, pressing down carefully.
- Let soak for 15 minutes.
- Cover pan with foil and poke a few holes in the top.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 40 minutes, until custard is set.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool as you make the Chocolate Sauce.
- Combine cream, salt and sugar on medium heat in a saucepot.
- Let cream simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Chop chocolate, adding it in with the cocoa powder.
- Whisk to combine everything and let it melt.
- Drizzle on banana bread pudding and serve.