The Chew: Pizza Masters Review
The men behind New York’s Artichoke Basille Pizza, Francis Garcia and Sal Basille, visited The Chew with a delicious recipe for Broccoli Rabe & Shrimp Pizza on the Merry Meals episode.
Keep an eye out for the guys in their new food travel series, Pizza Masters. Watch its premieres on Cooking Channel coming up Tuesday, December 16. If you’re in the New York area, look for one of their six Artichoke Basille locations, with a seventh opening soon.
The Chew: Artichole Basille Broccoli Rabe & Shrimp Pizza Recipe Ingredients
You could easily substitute sausage instead of shrimp for this pizza, according to the chefs. They rely on fresh, locally sourced ingredients, which can be a fun way to customize your menu.
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Dry Yeast
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 lb peeled, deveined Tiger Shrimp
- 6 cloves thin sliced Garlic
- 1 bunch cleaned, chopped Broccoli Rabe
- 1/2 lb cubed Whole Milk Mozzarella
- 1 cup quick-mixing All Purpose Flour
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Artichoke Basille: The Chew Broccoli Rabe & Shrimp Pizza Pie Recipe Directions
- Place a pizza stone in your oven and preheat it at 500 F.
- To make the dough, combine water with yeast, salt, and oil. Add flour, mixing with your hands until you form a smooth ball.
- Remove the dough ball from the mixing bowl. Add a bit of oil to the bowl, and return the dough ball. Cover it with a clean dish towel and let it rest for an hour, which should cause it to double in size.
- Dredge shrimp with flour, knocking off any excess.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high and add some garlic with red pepper flakes.
- Add shrimp, salt, and pepper; saute about one minute.
- Splash in some white wine and cook the shrimp until they curl and get pink. Take off heat and reserve.
- Saute broccoli on medium high in olive oil for around five minutes; salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, sauteing two more minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and cook two minutes to reduce; take off heat and reserve.
- Spread the dough on a flour-dusted prep surface.
- Arrange mozzarella evenly over the dough.
- Add olive oil and some Pecorino Romano; salt and pepper.
- Use a pizza peel to place the dough on the preheated pizza stone. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Once it’s ready, spread broccoli rabe in a single layer over the pizza.
- Top that with cooked shrimp and additional Pecorino Romano. Slice and serve.