The Chew: Meat 101 & Barefoot Contessa
Her name is Ina Garten, but you probably know her as the Barefoot Contessa. She has a new cookbook, called Foolproof, and she made her debut appearance on The Chew to share a comfort food recipe for Beef Tenderloin, served with her Basil Parmesan Mayonnaise Recipe.
Everyone on The Chew crew fawned over Ina, who talked about her slow-roasted recipe. She said that using a low temperature gives you a perfect end product. She advised keeping it moist and going absolutely nuts with the salt and pepper: four teaspoons of salt and two teaspoons of pepper.
The Chew Basil Parmesan Mayonnaise Recipe Ingredients
Ina Garten said it is much easier to make mayonnaise than people seem to think. Just get your eggs to room temperature and be sure you add in the olive oil slowly. She said that she likes precise measurements when she is cooking.
- 2 Egg Yolks (room temp)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
The Chew: Ina Garten Basil Parmesan Mayonnaise Recipe Directions
- In a food processor, combine egg yolks with cheese, mustard, garlic, basil, and lemon juice.
- Add equal parts salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix olive oil and vegetable oil.
- Run processor and slowly add oil to create a thick consistency.
- Taste the mixture and adjust seasonings as desired.
The Chew: Ina Garten Beef Tenderloin Recipe Ingredients
- 4 1/2 lb Beef Tenderloin Filet
- 12 branches Tarragon
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Barefoot Contessa: The Chew Beef Tenderloin Recipe Directions
- Preheat an oven to 275 F.
- Place the beef on a baking sheet.
- Brush with olive oil and an extremely generous coating of salt and pepper.
- Arrange tarragon branches around meat, tying as needed.
- Brush tarragon with olive oil.
- Bake for 75 to 90 minutes.
- Internal temperature should reach 125 for rare or 135 for medium rare.
- Cover with foil and let sit 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve with basil parmesan mayonnaise.