The Chew: Clinton Kelly’s Pressed Flower Mother’s Day Card
On The Chew May 10 2013, Clinton Kelly is giving everyone one last chance to get something ready for their mom on Mother’s Day. It’s on Sunday, so now is your last chance to make Clinton’s pressed flower Mother’s Day card for mom. Lucky for you, it’s really easy and quick to make.
Clinton Kelly’s Pressed Flower Card Materials
What You Need:
- 2 dinner plates
- Corrugated cardboard
- Coffee filters
- White Paper
- A paintbrush
- White craft glue
- Flowers: Pansies or Phlox
- A microwave
The Chew Pressed Flower Card Directions
- Take one of your dinner plates and place it upside down on a flat surface.
- Take your corrugated cardboard and cut it into a circle small enough to fit in the circle on the underside of the plate.
- Place your cardboard circle in the circle on the bottom of the plate.
- Take three coffee filters and place them over the cardboard so that they cover the bottom of the plate and the cardboard.
- Place a piece of your white paper on top of the coffee filters.
- Snip the head of one of your flowers, remove any excess green, and place it on top of the paper.
- Put as many more as you like or that will fit comfortably on the paper.
- Now, we will do steps 1 through 5 in reverse:
- Place another sheet of white paper over the flowers.
- Place three coffee filters over the white paper.
- Take another plate with cardboard underneath it and place it right-side up on top of the filters, forming a sort of “sandwich” with all of your materials.
- Place your “sandwich” in the microwave for 40 seconds.
- If you want to press the stems, too, do steps 1 through 11, but swap the flowers out for the stems and put them in the microwave for 1 minute, instead of 40 seconds.
- When you remove it, you will have beautifully-pressed flowers.
- From here, let your creativity flow – find some colored cardboard stock paper, glue on the flowers and add additional decorations and designs at your discretion.
- Prepare to blow your mom away on Mother’s Day – or any other time of year!