Rachael Ray: Robert Irvine
Celebrity chef Robert Irvine was Rachael Ray’s guest with a grilled chicken dinner full of fresh vegetables, like spaghetti squash, artichokes, and asparagus.
Irvine and Dancing with the Stars judge Julianne Hough were in the kitchen with Rachael, where they talked about the idea that cooking brings people together and creates memories. Hough admitted that when she was on tour, she enjoyed more pasta, because she was burning enough calories onstage that she could get away with it.
Rachael Ray: Robert Irvine Fitness Impossible
Irvine’s latest reality series, Fitness Impossible, will debut January 2 2015. The show teaches everyday people how to shop, plan meals, and eat healthier. Cops, students, and a mother-daughter team are among the subjects in this educational show.
Rachael Ray: Robert Irvine Grilled Chicken Recipe Ingredients with Squash, Asparagus, and Artichokes
Of course, if you don’t like the squash, you can use spaghetti noodles instead. But spaghetti squash looks the same, tastes good, and is full of nutrients. “It really looks like spaghetti once you shred it up,” Rachael said, noting that it doesn’t take much to dress it, if you don’t want to do an elaborate setup like this recipe.
- 1 halved, seeded Spaghetti Squash
- 2 cloves sliced Garlic
- 1 lb diced Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup quartered Artichokes
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 cups sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 bunch blanched Asparagus (cut on a bias)
- pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 5 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Robert Irvine: Rachael Ray Squash Asparagus Grilled Chicken Recipe Directions with Artichokes
- Preheat oven at 425 F.
- Drizzle cut sides of squash with two tablespoons of olive oil; salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and place squash cut side down.
- Roast about one hour, or until tender.
- Scrape squash into long spaghetti-like strands using a fork; reserve.
- Saute 3 tbsp oil in a pan. Cook mushrooms in the oil until tender and beginning to brown.
- Add garlic, cooking another minute.
- Use white wine to deglaze the pan.
- Mix in chicken with artichokes, asparagus, chicken stock, and red pepper flakes.
- Gently toss in squash.
- Serve garnished with feta cheese.