Rachael Ray: Robert Irvine Restaurant Express
Robert Irvine is the host of Restaurant: Impossible and Restaurant Express, but he had never been on Rachael Ray before this appearance. He was a part of Wild Turkey Week, and he prepared a Turkey Wellington Recipe.
Restaurant Express challenges contestants with the grand prize of opening and owning his or her own restaurant. You can tune in Sunday nights on Food Network.
Rachael Ray: Robert Irvine Turkey Wellington Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup diced Yellow Onion
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp minced Parsley
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1/4 cup diced Bacon
- 2 cups diced Mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced Thyme
- 1 1/4 lb Turkey Tenderloin
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 beaten Egg Whites
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups low sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp minced Thyme
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 tsp minced Tarragon
Robert Irvine: Rachael Ray Turkey Wellington Recipe Directions
- Heat grapeseed oil on medium high in a pan.
- Add bacon to the warm oil and crisp for a few minutes.
- Remove bacon and add onions, cooking another few minutes.
- Add mushrooms and butter to the onion, cooking two minutes.
- Season with thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook two more minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain mushroom liquid.
- Return bacon and adjust seasonings. Reserve.
- Warm oil in the same pan on medium high until almost smoking.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Season tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Evenly sear meat for two minutes per side, on all four sides.
- Remove and pat dry. Lay flat on the bottom of the puff pastry.
- Coat tenderloin with dijon mustard.
- Cover mustard coating with mushroom bacon duxelle mixture.
- Wrap tenderloin in puff pastry and use egg white to seal edges.
- Brush all ends of the pastry with egg whites to seal.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for half an hour at 375 F.
- It’s done when the internal temperature hits 165 F.
- Let rest for five minutes before serving.
- To make the sauce, heat chicken stock on medium and reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Season with thyme, parsley, and tarragon.
- Take off heat and stir in whisked butter before serving.