Rachael Ray: Spaghetti Squash Recipes
Rachael Ray: Melissa d’Arabian Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Recipe Ingredients
Ricotta, spinach, egg, and parmesan are among the components that help transform spaghetti squash into a tempting but healthy lasagna swap. Rachael noticed how quick this was to put together, and the women agreed that you could easily turn this into a make-ahead meal.
- 1 cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 1 25-oz jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp dried Italian Herb Seasoning
- Nonstick Spray
- 2 links mild Turkey Sausage (out of casings)
- 1 cup part-skim Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 cup thawed, drained Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese
Melissa d’Arabian: Rachael Ray Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven at 375 F.
- Halve squash and discard seeds. Scoop flesh into a bowl.
- Cook sausage on medium in a skillet.
- Stir in marinara sauce and take off heat.
- Combine ricotta cheese with spinach, parmesan, egg, and Italian herbs.
- Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray and put half the sauce in the bottom.
- Top with squash, ricotta mixture, and half the mozzarella.
- Top with the remaining sauce and bake 45 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, add the rest of your mozzarella.
- Let casserole rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Rachael Ray: Melissa d’Arabian Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Do you need to save even more time? Here’s a bonus recipe explaining how to do the work of cooking spaghetti squash in a slow cooker.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 cup low-sodium Chicken Stock
- Use a knife to carefully cut slits into the spaghetti squash. (If it’s too hard to puncture, try microwaving it for about three minutes.)
- Place the entire squash in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for three to four hours or on low for six to eight hours.