Rachael Ray: Mayim Bialik Dessert
Mayim Bialik has a PhD in neuroscience, and in addition to her acting skills on The Big Bang Theory, she is talented in the kitchen. She said that she is all about easy kitchen projects, such as her Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes Recipe. Check out her thoughts about life, and new book Mayim’s Vegan Table.
As a mom, Mayim told Rachael that she loves having her kids in the kitchen. They can help out, and there are also plenty of opportunities to learn about math, family traditions, and eating at home together. She said it’s too easy to get in the habit of always going out to restaurants.
Rachael Ray: Mayim’s Vegan Table Review
The Big Bang Theory’s Mayim Bialik is part of a huge hit comedy and loves to cook. Mayim said that she thinks society is still adjusting to the idea that women can be talented and successful in many areas of life. She wants everyone to know that it’s OK to be different and have confidence in trying new things. There is always more you can explore, she said.
You can get more of the star’s meal ideas in the new book Mayim’s Vegan Table. The book is great for everyone, not just vegans, she said.
Rachael Ray: Mayim Bialik Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes Recipe Ingredients
Even Rachael Ray, who is baking-challenged, was able to follow along and join in the fun. This recipe doesn’t use eggs, because oil binds everything together. Bialik also got to use a digital electrical mixer for the first time, though she said you could easily mix everything together by hand for this dessert treat.
For her frosting, Mayim used tofu and melted chocolate chips (which you could make in the microwave). It’s a high-protein frosting option that gives you rich protein in your dessert.
- 3 cups Flour
- 6 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups warm Water
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 10 oz Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup (or use Agave Nectar)
- 12.3 oz Silken Extra-Firm Tofu
Mayim Bialik: Rachael Ray Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven on 350 F.
- Sift flour with cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add vinegar, oil, warm water, and vanilla.
- Beat to smooth everything together.
- Line a muffin tin and divide batter evenly.
- Bake around 25 minutes, until it passes the toothpick test.
- Let cool in the pan before removing cupcakes.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate until it becomes smooth.
- Blend tofu and maple syrup together.
- Add melted chocolate and blend to mix well.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Spread on cakes.