Rachael Ray: Kelsey Nixon
Rachael Ray talked with Kelsey Nixon about Thanksgiving dessert ideas (but you can also use them for other holidays and occasions). Try this No-Bake Pumpkin Pie or look at her Apple Bread Pudding and Slow Cooker Pecan Pie. It’s never too early to collect holiday recipes on Pinterest, right?
Rachael Ray: Kelsey Nixon No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe Ingredients
Pumpkin Pie is a holiday staple, but thanks to Kelsey Nixon, you can save oven time and reinvent a winter classic. I love the smell of pumpkin pie baking in the oven, so I’m not sure I could give up that step. But it’s a great option, especially when you have so many things competing for oven space at huge holiday meals.
Kelsey used a store-bought crust, but you can make your own (or even do a chocolate crust) if you have more time or want to make it extra special. You can make it look nice by adding dollops of whipped cream on top of the chilled pie before you serve it, or you can let guests add their own whipped cream by the slice, since not everyone likes it.
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 block soft Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Shell
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Kelsey Nixon: Rachael Ray No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe Directions
- Whip cream using a stand mixer until it forms soft peaks. Mix in powdered sugar.
- Beat cream cheese with canned pumpkin in a bowl until no lumps remain. Season with salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese (but don’t let it deflate). Once it’s mixed, pour the filling into your graham cracker pie shell and chill for 24 hours.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and cinnamon.