Rachael Ray: Katie Lee Burger Recipe
Guest co-host Katie Lee got to hang out in Rachael Ray’s kitchen all day long. She is a host of The Kitchen on Food Network, and she took on a fun task as the show’s in-house short order cook for guests Dr Phil McGraw, Dr Ian Smith, and Bill Rancic. Check out her Logan County Hamburger Recipe.
Rachael Ray: Katie Lee Short Order Cook
Try any substitutions you like with this burger. That might include turkey instead of beef, a different style of cheese (think Gruyere or Cheddar), bacon, mayonnaise, or even Thousand Island dressing.
“I’m always the short order cook at home,” Katie Lee said of her qualifications. Lee also insisted that Rachael has an open invitation to be a guest on The Kitchen, Food Network’s weekend series.
Rachael Ray: Katie Lee Logan County Hamburger Recipe Ingredients
What’s the secret to a winning patty melt? You need well-seasoned meat and grated onion. Don’t forget melted cheese, of course!
- 1 lb 85% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onions (1/2 sliced; 1/2 grated)
- 2 tbsp soft Unsalted Butter
- 12 slices American Cheese
- 1 beaten Egg
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 12 slices White Bread
- Salt & Pepper
Katie Lee: Rachael Ray Logan County Hamburger Recipe Directions
- Combine beef with eggs, garlic powder, grated onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and then form into six patties.
- Spread butter on each bread slice.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium high.
- Cook burgers three minutes per side and let drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove grease from skillet.
- Place the half the bread, butter side down, in the skillet.
- Top bread with cheese, sliced onions, and a burger patty.
- Top with more cheese and bread, with butter facing out.
- Cook two minutes per side, to golden brown.
- Serve with choice of toppings.