Rachael Ray: Mini Muffin Cinnamon Rolls
Rachael Ray: Mini Muffin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tubes of store-bought crescent rolls from refrigerator section
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- Nonstick spray
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
Rachael Ray: Mini Muffin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Directions
- While an oven is preheating to 350 degrees fahrenheit, gently unroll 2 tubes of crescent rolls on a lightly floured baking surface, not tearing any of the perforated lines. Be careful not to pop the rolls!
- Separately roll out each of the rectangles into a 12×6” rectangle.
- Cut both of the 12×6” rectangles in half, creating four 6×6″ rectangles.
- Mix together your brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and maple syrup in a medium mixing bowl.
- Divide this mixture equally amongst the crescent roll squares, leaving a 1/4-inch border on each.
- To make an egg wash, whisk the egg with a splash of water in a small bowl.
- Use this wash to brush all 4 of the pastry squares.
- Roll each of these pastry squares up into logs and cut each log into 6 mini rolls.
- Spray each cup of a 24-capacity mini-roll tin with non-stick spray and place each mini roll into a cup, making sure that the cut spiral side of each is facing up.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven for 10 minutes to bake.
- While the rolls are baking, mix together your lemon juice and powdered sugar. Drizzle this over the hot mini rolls when they’re out of the oven to serve.