Michael Strahan Cake Recipe
Live With Kelly and Michael did their first segment ever featuring Louise Strahan, Michael’s mom. Apparently, Michael’s mother’s friend Regina stole Michael’s favorite Butter Cake, and so Kelly needed Louise Strahan to teach her how to make the famous butter cake! Here is the full video of the segment, along with a full recap of everything including Michael Strahan’s Mom’s Recipe for you to print out below.
Michael Strahan’s Mother’s Cake Recipe
Michael’s Mom’s Minute of Truth
Kelly Ripa played Minute of Truth with Michael’s mom, so here are so interesting facts we learned about the fabulous Michael Strahan:
- Michael’s first word was “mama.”
- Michael used a pacifier as a baby, rather than sucking his thumb.
- Michael Strahan’s favorite stuffed animal was Peter Rabbit, how classic is that!
- Louise Strahan gave him the pet name Mike.
- Michael’s Mom said that he reminds her more of Some Kind of Wonderful than A Nightmare On Elm Street or Dennis the Menace,
- Michael was the teacher’s pet rather than a class clown.
- Michael’s Mother thinks that his prom date’s name was Wanda, though he claims to have not gone to prom.
- Michael Strahan is afraid of snakes.
- Michael bought his mom a house… talk about being a good son!
- Michael Strahan’s favorite dinner is his Bulgogi Beef Recipe.
Kelly & Michael Cake Recipe
Ingredients for Michael’s Mom’s Cake:
- 2 Boxes Cake Mix (Butter Recipe Flavor)
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 10 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Oil
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
1. Mix together all of the dry ingredients first, just like you would do in any cake recipe.
2. Mix in the sour cream and the oil.
3. Slowly add in one egg at a time, mixing well. Kelly said this step will give you a great arm workout to boot!
Ingredients for Michael’s Mother’s Cake Icing Recipe
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- Evaporated Milk
1. Beat together the butter, powdered sugar and cocoa. Louise Strahan said that she never really measures the powdered sugar, so you can use more or less than 4 cups depending on how sweet you like your icing.
2. Gradually add in the evaporated milk and continue to beat the icing. How much evaporated milk? Good thing Michael Strahan answered this question on Twitter! He said that you should keep adding evaporated milk until you reach the consistency that you like.
robert kubinski says
What size pan to bake in and also what heat for oven
and how long to bake???
betty wagner says
what size pan to use…what temp to bake at….how long to bake — the recipe did not list this info
wanda ripoll says
I am looking forward to making this.
NEED TO KNOW THE FOLLOWING ?
1. Temp. for the oven
2. lenght of time to bake the cake
3. Size of the pan used
She baked it for one hour at 350 degrees. The cake pan size looks like the size of the pan you would bake macaroni and cheese in. Prett big. The pan was full.
She didn’t say what size the cake pan was, but it had to be a pretty good size.
Jackie Helzer says
This cake was amazing. However I live in Colorado and want to know if there needs to be a high altitude adjustment. When I took it out f oven it fell. also check it after 50 minutes, edges a little too brown. Still a delicios moist cake
KAY UTECHT says
I AM 75 AND HAVE BEEN BAKING FOR YEARS BEST CAKE EVER
Can you use a Bundt pan instead of using a 9/13.
What size pan?
For how long to bake?
What size pan?
How long to bake?
SHIRLEY WATSON says
NOT ENBKE SIZE PAN
Pat Howard says
The cake can be baked in a 9×13 pan, though if you want a thinner cake, you can put it into a larger pan or you could even make two 8″ or 9″ square or round cakes. Of course the baking time will have to be altered depending on the size of the pan that you use.
MaryBeth McCall says
have it in my oven now but the mix overflowed i used the 9×13 had to quick put a cookie sheet under it . cant wait to try it out !!!!!!
My best friend told me about Michael’s Mom cake . got the recipe off of the internet after talking to her. I can’t wait to try it with the family. She raved so much, I know that it will be delicious.