Kelly & Michael Truckin’ Amazing Cook-Off: Cheesesteak Ole Recipe
The first finalist in Live!’s Truckin’ Amazing Cook-Off is Mike “The Butcher” Hauke who owns the Mustache Mobile and is the creator of the cheesesteak ole recipe.
He already told Kelly and Michael how he learned about the competition and now this Atlantic City native brought them out to his truck to whip up the perfect cheesesteak.
While the recipe below doesn’t call for it, Mike said he likes to marinate his steaks for at least 24 hours and he also showed Kelly and Michael how to make their own cheese. When you make the recipe, you can just use store bought cheese.
Check out the recipe below and if you ever make it, make sure to stop back at Recapo to let us know how it turned out.
Mike Hauke Cheesesteak Ole Recipe
Mike Hauke Cheesesteak Ingredients:
- 8 oz thinly sliced beef sirloin
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ Spanish onion, sliced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 oz Mexican Oxacan string cheese or mozzarella cheese, grated
- Crusty Sub roll, cut in half to open up
- Iceberg lettuce to go on Sub Roll
- Slice tomatoes to go on Sub Roll
- Chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Chili powder, to garnish
Mike Hauke Cheesesteak Directions:
- In a large bowl combine the steak, half of the lime juice, pinch of salt and 2 chipotle peppers that have been puree smoothly. Set aside.
- In a blender add the mayonnaise, remaining lime juice, remaining 2 chipotle peppers and pinch of kosher salt. Blend until smooth and then set it aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add vegetable oil. Add onions and steak with marinade. Cook until steak is brown making sure to shred the steak while cooking. Then, to the steak, add cheese, about two tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise sauce, cook and fold all the ingredients together.
- Open up the sub roll, add lettuce, tomato and the steak and cheese mixture. Garnish with cilantro and dust with chili powder.