Kelly and Michael: Thanksgiving Family Recipe Week
Last year on the show, Kelly Ripa’s mother-in-law, Camilla Consuelos, made a simple stuffing recipe. This time, she was back to make a Pumpkin Flan Recipe for dessert on Live’s Thanksgiving Family Recipe Week.
But she really does not like Kelly calling her “my favorite mother-in-law,” since she is the only one. She threatened not to go through with her cooking segment if Kelly didn’t cut it out!
Kelly & Michael: Camilla Consuelos Pumpkin Flan Recipe Ingredients
Camilla is all about keeping things simple. She incorporated pumpkin into the family flan recipe in honor of the American tradition, which is a great alternative if you don’t like the crust of a pumpkin pie. Mark Consuelos used to request this when he had frequent sore throats growing up (but Michael thinks he was faking it!).
- 3/4 cup Sugar (for Caramel)
- 15 oz Pure Pumpkin Puree (not Pumpkin Pie filling!)
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 pinch ground Nutmeg
- 4 Eggs
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1 pinch ground Cinnamon
Camilla Consuelos: Kelly & Michael Pumpkin Flan Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt sugar on medium low in a saucepan until it turns golden brown.
- Once melted, pour sugar into a flan mold and swirl it around to distribute it evenly.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl and stir in each of the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into a flan mold and cover it with foil.
- Place the mold inside a large baking pan.
- Fill the large baking pan with boiling water, halfway up the sides of the flan pan.
- Place the pans in the oven and bake for 50 minutes at 350 F.
- Use the knife test to determine when flan is done. The knife should come out clean.
- Use a butter knife to loosen flan around the edges of the pan.
- Let cool to room temperature for about one hour.
- Flip flan onto a serving platter and chill it before serving.