Kelly and Michael: Guy Fieri Egg Nog Recipe
Kelly and Michael challenged Food Network star Guy Fieri to create the perfect winter stew. In the meantime, though, they decided to indulge in a festive holiday cocktail. Kelly felt “instantly drunk” after one sip.
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3 drops Vanilla Extract
- 8 ounces Egg Nog
- 3 ounces Honey Whiskey
- 1 ounce Butterscotch
- ¼ cup Simple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Crushed Graham crackers
- 2 tablespoon Turbinado Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- Add cocktail ingredients to a shaker: ice, egg nog, whiskey, butterscotch, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dip your glass into simple syrup and then into mixture of graham crackers, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour drink from shaker into glass and serve.
Guy Fieri Pork Chile Verde Recipe
Then, it was time for a spicy and delicious stew, perfect for enjoying by the fire. Guy says you can make this Pork Chile Verde mild or spicy, depending on your preference. Try this recipe on a chilly winter’s night.
Plus, catch Guy’s Grocery Games Sunday nights at 8 p.m. on Food Network.
- 4 pounds boneless Pork Butt, cut into 1 1/2” cubes
- 2 tablespoons dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground Cumin
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 dried Pasilla Chiles
- 1 large diced Onion
- 2 Poblano Pepeprs
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 Anaheim Chiles
- 2 Jalapenos
- 2 pounds Tomatillos, husks removed
- 1/3 cup Masa Harina
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 3 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 quart low sodium Chicken Stock
- Rehydrate the pasillas by placing them in a bowl with 3/4 cup warm water. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Broil tomatillos on a sheet tray for 7-8 minutes until lightly charred. Cool, then roughly chop along with pasillas. Reserve the water used to hydrate the pasillas.
- In a large Dutch oven, saute onion, Anaheim chile, poblano, jalapenos, and garlic in oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add pork butt and season with salt, oregano, and cumin. Brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Add the onion-pepper mixture back to the pan and mix thoroughly. Then, deglaze with wine and vinegar. Cook for 5 minutes to reduce, then add chicken stock, 2 cups of plain water, 2 cups of pasilla water, oregano, cumin, bay leaf, tomatillos, pasilla, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover with lid and simmer about 30 minutes. Thicken mixture with Masa Harina and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with green onions, cilantro, cheese, lime juice, and a dollop of sour cream.
Leave a Reply