Kelly & Michael: Louise Strahan Recipe
Not only was it Thanksgiving Family Recipe Week, this also marked Michael Strahan’s birthday, and his mother, Louise Strahan, was in the kitchen with Kelly Ripa to celebrate with her Broccoli & Rice Casserole Recipe.
This year’s recipes have also included Brussels Sprouts Salad, Sausage Stuffing, and Pumpkin Flan. We have plenty more to choose from on our Pinterest page.
Kelly and Michael: Michael Strahan Childhood
Louise is the mother of six children. Michael and his father, Gene, were sitting impatiently at a beautifully set table while the ladies were cooking up a storm. Shockingly, Louise said that Michael stole all his childhood pictures, so she could not find any great embarrassing pictures of her son to share.
Michael Strahan Birthday Cake
Michael said she has restricted access after giving Kelly and Gelman the picture of him in ‘80s short shorts. Louise said the trick with these rich recipes is to eat in moderation.
In honor of Michael’s birthday, Louise also surprised her son with his favorite birthday cake. Get Louise Strahan’s Butter Cake Recipe (which she made on the show last year)!
Kelly & Michael: Louise Strahan Broccoli & Rice Casserole Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped Celery
- 3/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 oz Cheese Sauce
- 4 cups cooked Rice
- 2 cups steamed Broccoli
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Louise Strahan: Kelly and Michael Broccoli & Rice Casserole Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Chop the onion and celery.
- Saute the celery and onion in olive oil on medium heat.
- Pour each of the soup cans in with the vegetables and stir well.
- Let cook a couple minutes and stir in cheese sauce.
- Once cheese has melted, mix in cooked rice with the cheesy soup blend.
- Stir in the broccoli and combine everything so it’s just heated through.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let this rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply