Kelly & Michael: Guy Fieri
Guy Fieri came by to cook with Kelly & Michael as a part of their Superstar Chefs Farm-to-Table challenge. He’s a New York Times best-selling cookbook author, an award-winning Food Network star, and a co-owner of five different restaurants. He’s a very busy guy!
Kelly & Michael: Guy Fieri Cooking on the Sidewalk
Kelly loves when he comes on the show because she loves his food so much. He loves coming and loved that he finally got to cook on the sidewalk. It’s like tailgating!
Kelly & Michael: Guy Fieri Farm-To-Table
Fieri loves the idea of farm-to-table cooking. He lives in Northern California and has a huge organic garden. He really loves this kind of cooking and loves that Kelly & Michael are doing this. His choice was peppers. He said it’s a really good time of the year for that. Peppers are really easy to grow. They can be grown in a five-gallon bucket on your stoop! Kelly grows peppers on her roof in New York City!
Kelly & Michael: Guy Fieri Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs Recipe with Peri Peri Sauce
Fieri made Brazilian, bacon-wrapped chicken thighs with peri peri sauce. Fieri changed some of the ingredients. He said that his fans are going to take so many selfies that he’s taking the win now. They had beers too. Take the toothpicks out before you eat it.
Fieri had boneless chicken just for Kelly. He also had stuffed poblano peppers. They had chorizo and shrimp. He also had a white bean chili with pork. You can get all the recipes on the website. You can also get his new book Guy on Fire now. Kelly gave two thumbs up and said she wished he had a third thumb. Send a selfie for the competition.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 8 strips of bacon
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 cans Beer
- 1tbsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tbsp. ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp each Ground Cumin & Dry Red Pepper Flakes
Peri Peri Sauce Ingredients
- 6 Medium Chilies
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup Yellow Onion
- 1 tsp Canola Oil
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- ½ cup each White Vinegar & Canola Oil
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp fresh Cilantro
Guy Fieri: Kelly & Michael Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs Recipe with Peri Peri Sauce
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken
- Put a skewer through them
- Pour the light beer in the bowl
- Add the paprika, cumin, and red pepper flakes
- Add the thyme (you can include the stems), garlic, salt, and pepper
- Put the chicken in the marinade
- Let the chicken sit in the marinade for anywhere from 30 minutes to three or four hours. Don’t let it sit out in the sun, though.
- Make the sauce
- Put the chicken on the grill (make sure the skewers are soaked in water so they don’t burn)
Peri Peri Sauce Directions
- Add the chilies, peppers, garlic, and onion. You can choose how hot your chilies are.
- Add the canola oil paprika and tomato paste
- Add the white vinegar, canola oil, lime, and cilantro
Leave a Reply