Kelly and Michael: Thanksgiving Family Recipe Week
Thanksgiving is almost here, so it’s time to plan what you are going to be making this year. Michael Strahan’s fiance, Nicole Murphy, was in the kitchen with the co-hosts to prepare her grandmother’s Cornbread Chicken Apple Sausage Stuffing Recipe.
Last year on the show, Nicole Murphy made a Pumpkin Pudding Crunch Recipe for dessert. Other treats from last Thanksgiving included Camilla Consuelos’s Apple Sausage Stuffing (similar, huh?), Michael’s Sweet Potato Casserole, Kelly’s Squash Soup, and Gelman’s Spicy Brussels Sprouts. For more goodies, try our Thanksgiving Pinterest page.
Kelly & Michael: Nicole Murphy Cornbread Chicken Apple Sausage Stuffing Recipe Ingredients
The couple agreed that Michael is no expert in the kitchen, but he was happy to pitch in on the show. Kelly was excited that you can get pre-chopped Mirepoix in some grocery stores, so you don’t even have to chop the veggies yourself. Nicole and Kelly helped themselves to extra Peach Moscato during the cooking process.
- 2 boxes Cornbread Stuffing
- 2 cups chopped Yellow Onions or Red Onions
- 1 cup chopped Carrots
- 2 packs sliced Chicken Apple Sausage (or Andouille for spicy stuffing)
- 1/2 cup Peach Moscato
- 2 cups Salted Butter
- 2 cups chopped Celery
- 4 1/2 cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 tsp Herbs De Provence
Kelly and Michael: Nicole Murphy Cornbread Chicken Apple Sausage Stuffing Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Blend sausages in a food processor a few times to break them down.
- Add butter to a large pot and melt before stirring in onions, celery, and moscato.
- Simmer five minutes. Add sausage, cooking on medium heat, until brown.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in herbs de provence.
- Add cornbread stuffing, tossing until mixed.
- Blend in most of the chicken stock. Add it to your desired consistency. Use less if you like it slightly dry.
- Spread the stuffing in a prepared casserole dish.
- Cover it with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- For a crispy top crust, remove the foil for the final five minutes of cooking.
Nicole Murphy: Kelly & Michael Cranberry Orange Relish Recipe Ingredients
- 12 oz fresh whole Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Sugar (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Peach Moscato
- quartered Orange (for juice and zest)
Kelly and Michael: Nicole Murphy Cranberry Orange Relish Recipe Directions
- Boil water in a saucepan with sugar, orange zest, moscato and fresh squeezed orange juice.
- Reduce heat to medium and add cranberries.
- Cook five minutes before mashing cranberries with a potato masher.
- Let completely cool before serving.