Live!: Americans Are Okay With Nude Beaches
When Kelly Ripa brought up nude beaches and asked who in the audience were against them, about half of the audience clapped. She asked this question to provide context to a global survey that found Americans are actually pretty okay with nude beaches, which she was surprised at because when she wears a certain kind of dress, she will get thousands of letters from people saying that they can see her nipples, which they aren’t happy about.
Kelly & Michael: 17 Percent Of Germany Is Okay With Nude Sunbathing
To put more numbers to the study that was done, of 8,600 people surveyed globally about nude beaches, 23 percent of those surveyed were okay with the idea. 25 percent of Americans thought that nude beaches were totally fine, but were totally outdone by France, where 73 percent of people have no problem with nude beaches. Once you hit Germany, it was found that 17 percent of them are fine with totally nude sunbathing.
Live!: Kelly’s Vacation To Corsica
These statistics brought to mind a vacation her and her family went on to Corsica, where they stumbled upon a nude beach. In a picture taken at the beach entrance in front of a sign depicting nude beach goers, her sons were absolutely beaming with excitement at the prospect of a nude beach, so it looks like they were part of that 25 percent. Kelly also happened upon a nude sailor that was boating in the area when she was kayaking around the island. It was a very awkward moment for her trying not to look like a shocked American.
Kelly & Michael: Nude Beaches In Germany
Having grown up in Germany, Michael said that nude beaches weren’t really a big deal to them because he grew up around them. There were even local swimming pools that would host nude nights. However, if the guys got a little too “excited,” they would quickly be kicked out of the pool. As Kelly said, that’s a lot of pressure! It can happen by accident, y’know!
Michael also added that a lot of the times you go to nude beaches, there are a heck of a lot of people there that you wouldn’t want to see nude. “Aw, man. This is not what I came here for!” joked Michael.
Live!: Are Speedos Okay To Wear On The Beach?
Speaking of beachwear-related statistics, another survey revealed that 52 percent of the world thinks that Speedos are totally acceptable beachwear for men (Michael was very clearly part of the remaining 48 percent of the world on this one). Michael stopped Kelly short and just told men that it was important to let your boys breathe!
Alan McCormick says
Thankfully I live in Europe, but the bummer is I am moving back to Colorado next year. I will miss the beaches and freedom here. In the USA everybody wants to be an opinionated fool when it comes to beach wear. Really, who needs the long shorts that gather sand and irritate your skin. And what is with all those gay looking guys in the USA with their underwear showing at the beach?