Live: Michael as Jay-Z and Kelly as Beyonce
Kelly & Michael had several costume changes during Live’s Halloween Hurricane Telethon. One of the best found the hosts dressed up as music’s biggest power couple: Jay-Z and Beyonce! Little Blue Ivy even made an appearance, as well. Michael may not be able to rap like Jay-Z, but he sure had his moves down pat.
There were also more great celebrity cameos from Jason Kennedy of E! News, Carson Kressley, and Olympic Gold Medalist Gabrielle Douglas. Skits included Michael Strahan in drag as Madea, Kelly Ripa as Angelina Jolie and the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, and a brand new “Call Me Maybe” parody starring the hosts.
The final costume change found Kelly & Michael, along with Art Moore and Gelman, dressed as new American Idol judges Nicki Minaj, Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey and Keith Urban. Nicki and Randy– I mean, Kelly and Michael– then announced the finalists and winner of Live’s annual Halloween Costume Contest.
Live! Halloween Costume Contest Winner
The top ten finalists who appeared in studio were:
- Serra Hirsh from Brooklyn, New York, as a camping trip
- Gina Kikkert from Woodridge, New Jersey, as vegetable lo mein
- The Seixas Family from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, as school supplies
- David Papachimonas and Steve Gallagher from Vernon, New Jersey as forest creepers
- Carlos Gonzales from Hartsdale, New York, as a warrior troll
- Dana Anderson from Toms River, New Jersey, as Mother Nature with Jack Frost and Spring
- Stephanie Williams from Roxbury, New Jersey as a ferris wheel
- Debbie Guarino from Wonton, New Jersey, as Queen Elizabeth at the Olympics
- David Aruda from Somerset, Massachusetts, as a toy soldier
After votes were tallied, Serra Hirsh was declared the winner! She went home with a $10,000 Home Goods Gift Card for her amazing and creative costume. See all of the cool costumes below.