Late Show: AP Twitter Account
On the Late Show, Dave reported on superbugs found in the US meat supply and what happened when the AP Twitter account was compromised.
David Letterman: US Meat Superbugs
A government report found that more than half of the meat in the US could contain antibiotic-resistant superbugs. What can be done about this? The Late Show recommended Scotts Turf Builder and Superbug Killer.
I’m pretty sure chemicals are how we got into this mess in the first place, but what are we going to do if this becomes an even more serious problem?
Late Show: Stooge of the Night Jeff Flake
Republican Arizona Senator Jeff Flake was honored as the Late Show’s Stooge of the Night. He voted “no” on gun control legislation, shortly after speaking out in support of background checks. Letterman said Flake reminded him of Gomer Pyle.
David Letterman: AP Twitter Top 10
The Associated Press AP Twitter account was hacked just days after false messages were tweeted from the account of 60 Minutes. These Twitter attacks are on the rise lately, which means you can’t believe everything you read.
The stock market dropped based on the false news about a bogus attack on the White House. That inspired the Late Show team to come up with the night’s top 10 list.
Late Show: Top 10 Other AP Twitter Account Bulletins
- 10. Betty White’s pregnant
- 9. SEAL Team 6 captures Reese Witherspoon
- 8. For a good meal at a fair price, you can’t beat Golden Corral
- 7. Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes–same guy
- 6. Apple replaces iPhone with edible Piephone
- 5. George W. Bush to open presidential library (hard to believe, but that’s actually true)
- 4. Lindsay Lohan acquitted of all charges
- 3. Latvia calling it quits
- 2. Critics agree: Letterman at the top of his game
- 1. Governor Chris Christie skips dessert